please help me buy my first cabrio

Allgemeine Fragen und Antworten zum Astra G Cabrio
Antworten
Gast

please help me buy my first cabrio

Beitrag von Gast »

hello! sorry for not writing in german, I dont know a single word, and with google translate I had bad experience trying to translate in other languages...
My name is Alex. I am a guy from Romania, and I need some help and advices on buying my first cabrio: the Opel Astra G Bertone Coupe. I found one, and next week I will go to see it, and maybe buy it.
the car I saw was made in 2003, has the 1.8L engine and 140000 km.it has leather interior, automatic climatisation control, navigation. is from a car dealer.
can you guys advice me on what to check when I go see the car? I have never had an Opel before, never had a cabrio too.
what should I look at especially? what to check? maybe your longer experience with the car can help me...is there something that needs to be checked especially with this car?
what parts does it needs to have changed, considering the 140000 km on the dashboard?
any help will be much appreciated!thank you!
Gast

RE: please help me buy my first cabrio

Beitrag von Gast »

a little help guys, come on, please!
JR__
ACF IT Fachkraft
Danksagung erhalten: 676 Mal

Beitrag von JR__ »

Sorry. I'm not always online :D

What hints do you need? Especially for roof checks? Or tipps around the whole car?

My preferenticial section for Astra convertible ist everything about this roof. Manufactured in 2003? There is a generell problem with the roof latches. The big black plastic items break after many years of heat and coldness. To check this you have to remove the roof cover.

A next source of error: Broken cable form from roof latch to roof controller (behind right boot fairing) and bursted hydraulic pipes. At least the cable form for boot lid is to short, and some wires could be ripped off.

One simple check for many of my listed defects: If central lock for boot lid or rear window heating doesn't work.

You can also check many problems with an OPCOM plug. When the roof works without any errors and error memory in roof controler is empty, then the roof is very likely ok.

Have a nice time by driving the beautiful convertible.

Regards Jürgen
Meine GCAB Anleitungen unter "Step-by-Step/User helfen User"
z.B."Dachverschluss wechseln","Video zum manuellen Schließen" usw
Antworten

Zurück zu „[Astra G] Allgemein“